Take Action During Every Kid Healthy Week!
Every Kid Healthy™ Week is observed the last full week of April each year. Each day of the week shines a spotlight on actions families can take to improve the health and wellness of their kids and the link between nutrition, physical activity, mental health, and learning – because healthy kids are better prepared to learn and thrive!
Be an Action Hero — show you care, find your unique role, use your voice, get involved at school, or find something you can do to take action that fits your lifestyle, your own way. Every action counts! #takeaction4healthykids
Actions You Can Take Right Now for Healthy, Happy Kids!
- Make playtime fun by playing tag or other movement-based activities.
- Introduce new sports to your child at local parks or playgrounds.
- Read nutrition labels with children for serving size and healthy ingredients.
- Ask your child what they do in PE class or recess.
- Ask your child what they ate for lunch at school.
- Teach your child to be thankful and helpful; positive emotions can boost immune systems.