ATTENTION KENOSHA COUNTY ATHLETES: SPORTS PHYSICALS NEAR YOU
WE WANT EVERY CHILD ON THE TEAM!
$35 STUDENT SPORTS PHYSICAL
Did you know you can’t play sports without a physical in the state of Wisconsin? Kenosha Community Health Center offers sports physical appointments so you can get in the game.
- $35 standard fee collected at the beginning of the visit covers exam and review of sports physical form. You may be eligible for a lower rate with our sliding fee scale based on household income.
- Parent and athlete are responsible for completing their portion of the form and bringing it to the visit.
- Does not include immunizations, prescription refills, or other medical care. If additional medical care is needed, parent will need to schedule a well child visit or a sick visit.
- Payment of fee does not guarantee clearance if medical clearance for athletic participation is not medically appropriate.
- The $35 fee covers the cost of the sports physical and no charges will be submitted to the insurance company.
The parent and athlete are responsible for providing the appropriate sports physical form as requested by the athlete’s school or sports team.
KCHC Clinic located in Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha: 1330 52nd Ave., Suite 205| Kenosha, WI
KCHC Silver Lake Clinic: 903 S. 2nd Street | Silver Lake, WI
Kenosha Unified School District requires a student physical examination prior to activity participation. If taken April 1 or later, it is valid for the following two school years. Physical examinations taken before April 1 are valid only for the remainder of that school year and the following school year.
What happens during a Sports Physical?
Sports physicals measure a student’s important vital signs through observation. A sports physical ensures your child is healthy and can physically participate in their sport or activity to the fullest of their ability and help reduce your their risk of injury.
During a sports physical examination KCHC staff will:
- Obtain height and weight information
- Take blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm)
- Test vision
- Check heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate posture, joints, strength, and flexibility